View Single Post
Vargr

Old June 28th, 2016, 09:44 AM
@woobyluv

I have found the cloud solution very useful even though I had my reservations in the beginning. It helps me keeping stuff updated over four computers.

I can still make local backups and store where I want. In case I screw everything up I can import those backups.

Using this method you can work on one machine, make a backup, go to another machine and import that backup. Tiresome in the long run, but it can be done.

Can you import a GM backup to a Player client? Will that reveal everything or will it just not work? I have no idea.

I might be naïve but I feel my data are in good hands at LWD and I am not worried (I was in the beginning but that was then). I hope I will never be proven wrong :-)

I have decided to go with the cloud solution as it works well for me, gives me an off-site backup and also because I see it as an investment in future development of the program. LWD has to have continuous flow of revenue in order to survive and churn out more great features.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #20 Reply With Quote