View Single Post
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old April 19th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfox View Post
Problem 1: In the past I've been adding a +1 per CR or HD of the "Minion", depending on if it is a monster or leveled character. I know how to find the total Hit Dice and the total Level, but is there a way to find the CR?
The CR is usually kept on the creature pick, in the field rCR.

Quote:
Problem 2: I like to change up the bonuses based on the encounter. Fighters tend to have Attack, Damage, while caster minions tend toward saves and DR. I know for regular classes, I can do a lot under the class tab, but it doesn't seem that templates have this. Currently I'm working on a way to give a bonus feat that will allow me to select the bonuses from a group of specials, but I keep thinking there has to be an easier way.
You might have an easier time doing this under the Adjustments tab. Add a permanent adjustment to attack, AC or saves. Damage reduction is a bit tricker, but I suggest looking at the Greater Resiliency feat from the Community Files.

Quote:
also, is there a page or thread somewhere with examples of eval scripts? It feels like I spend a couple hours trying to find an example of a script that has what I'm looking for, and 10 minutes to implement and test.
There isn't, I usually do a search on the board for anything I might be looking for, and I can get some examples of scripts. You can also just post a problem here, and there are a few of us that would be willing to help with any scripting problems, or where to start in any case.
Kendall-DM is offline   #2 Reply With Quote