View Single Post
Fenris447

Old December 17th, 2018, 11:48 AM
I'm outlining what we need to do for the Simic abilities. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can point us in the right direction for these.

At level 1, give one choice from these:
  • Manta Glide - text only
  • Nimble Climber - Grant climb speed = walking speed
  • Underwater Adaptation - grant amphibious, grant swim speed = walking speed

At total character level 5, give one choice from these or one of the level 1 choices that wasn't selected:
  • Grappling Appendages (Claws)- grant an unarmed strike with Claws natural weapon using 1d6 bludgeoning + STR mod, effect text stating it can be used to grapple but not for other uses
  • Grappling Appendages (Tentacles)- same as above, replace Claws with Tentacles
  • Carapace - grant +1AC if not wearing heavy armor
  • Acid Spit - grant ability that does 2d10 damage with Dex save against 8+prof+CON mod, increase damage by 1d10 at character level 11 and again at 17. Range 30ft. Add tracker for uses = CON mod (min 1), resets on long rest.

For backgrounds, each one has two extra lists of choices, one for a contact within the guild and another from without. I looked at the Hermit as an example of a class that allows for another choice from a list (in addition to the standard four for bonds, flaws, etc.) I cant find an example from the community of something with two separate lists.

The easy solution is to add the one list, allow for two choices, add some text to indicate you pick one guild and one-non guild contact, and include all choices on a single list, with each choice indicating it's in or out of guild. The more elegant solution is to build in a second custom list, but I don't know how easy that would be.

Last edited by Fenris447; December 17th, 2018 at 11:55 AM.
Fenris447 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote