View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 12th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
I'll get with Shadow and see if there is something that we can work out. One things that would really help is a standardized user file naming process.
Yea we really have to do a re-sync of all the Pathfinder stuff as I would say 80%+ are now broken due to the Sources change issue. Unfortunately I have not had time yet to pull down all the pathfinder versions from your site and apply the fix. At that time I should also sync all the d20pfsrd files to you also. Just yea have not had the time yet.

I have been enforcing the File name standard on d20pfsrd by changing the file names that I am given by the community. I also do a quick load test to see if it will load with no other .user files. I then check to make sure their is a Simple Thing for Version History at least and a ToDo list also. If either one is missing I try and add a quick note.

Also I have been adding the Version number to the Description of the book that shows up in the Sources. Thought that made more sense for non-editors to see, but adding it to the .user file is not bad either. Though worried about then someone could load the same book twice causing errors as they are now different file names.

Just some thought here. I have a FTP server. Could storing a copy of the .user file on it that Cheifweasel could then access allow us to sync better? Maybe some freeware software that can compare date/time on the FTP server's .user files and notify you when they are changed? Then when you get time just suck it off the FTP site and upload to your site. Just an idea here is all........

Ok so another question here as I am not an HTML expert. Can you have links from your site to my FTP server instead? I mean these are very small files actually so bandwidth is not an issue. Then when I post any updates to d20pfsrd all I would have to do is update the file on the FTP server and bam you are now synced with the latest version without any work on your side at all? Thoughts?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #39 Reply With Quote