View Single Post
DeltaMasterMind

Old February 18th, 2018, 05:49 AM
Actually I am trying to prevent the INT mod from adding starting languages, unless however the mod edits both background and personal language count (not sure on the specifics). I have group members that disagree with this mechanic and others who are indifferent about it find the bonus languages annoying to setup when playing INT based characters. Also I am trying to set this up as a sourced mechanic to my custom rules file. Under adjustments this code works, but as an ability or directly set up in a mechanic it was not working for me. Not sure if there is underlying script which allows the adjustments "deeper access" into the hero.

The goal is for additional languages granted only from trained methods (such as linguistics). I may leave bonus racial languages as that would get hairy to code out, but really we want to take the languages to a more realistic approach aka languages that you learn from geography or from training, not languages just because you are a beacon of brilliance.

So basically if I can get something like:
~add/remove to our INT based starting languages
herofield[tLangsSta].value -= hero.child[aINT].field[aModBonus].value

Not sure if possible given the timing required to do this.

Edit: Seems Final Phase 20000 works with the above code.
Does anyone have an idea what timing would be best for this code? Post Attributes 100-5000 doesn't work.

Forum link for my content work:
Pathfinder Thread
Forum link for SU 5e content work:
5e Steven Universe Thread
This link is for my group, but feel free to play it with:
DMM 5e | "https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsd9w1eodlnwjq0/updatesDMM.xml?dl=1" Copy this link to your update manager to get updates when available.
This adds the Pisky subrace to elves from Berserk! and additional subraces for the Gem Race.
Please post comments in the provided threads above.

Last edited by DeltaMasterMind; February 18th, 2018 at 07:01 AM.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #3 Reply With Quote