View Single Post
Lanmalchior

Old February 8th, 2017, 06:34 AM
Wow, can't post anything on the Internet without someone trying to point out what was wrong about what you said.

The whole point was that I've been buying most of the D&D products back when they were called D&D and then AD&D and then back to D&D. Back when TSR published them, maybe not when it was called Tactical Strategic Review, but it's been a long time.

And TSR was part of WOTC for like 2 years as WOTC did buy TSR, and still used the TSR name until I think 3rd edition came out.

The TSR nearly bankrupting themselves twice is an interesting tie in, though. Both times that happened they cared more about putting out more new product then supporting what the players really wanted.

And WOTC hasn't been very good at putting out anything electronic in support of D&D. They could of really expanded and monopolized the electronic side of things years ago, but damn they keep blowing it. My experience with their electronic D&D support has been so bad that if they put out something now I wouldn't even look at it, unless a third party was releasing it. You can pretty much guarantee it would never be finished, supported or work right.
Lanmalchior is offline   #23 Reply With Quote