View Single Post
drakahn99

Old March 23rd, 2017, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
Right... I know that's there.. but I don't get the impression that everyone realizes what the legal issues are... and I am only passingly familiar with the ones involving the Open Gaming License. I have no idea what the license requires for the D&D 5e SRD, for example.

And, to further make my point, games published without a similar license are completely different. Releasing someone's "home made copy" of the rules mechanics is much more likely to be an issue.

I'm not even talking about intentional piracy, I'm talking about the issues where an eager user could easily get themselves into trouble through ignorance of the issues.
that is kind of why i was thinking about organizing or something to get srd's done so that it would be available and legal to everyone needing them and not have to deal with legal issues since it would have been already covered. and a note in the section for the copy rights area about needing to include the licensess ect and point out what everyone should know before distribution thier own content that utilizes the srd materials.
drakahn99 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote