View Single Post
Dark Lord Galen

Old August 29th, 2013, 07:20 PM
@ Rabulias, 3.5e p9 However gents there is NOTHING saying this applies retroactively to all ability scores.
Further 3.5e p10 does NOT say intelligence ONLY. it gives an EXAMPLE and EXAMPLE means there are more situations that this is applicable to (meaning one of many) The rule set you are applying is correct for pathefinder and for 4e for 3.5 I did find on PHB3.5e p58 where this is retroactive for hitpoints, however there is NOTHING to support all abilities and subsequent skill points, languages etc being retroactive . IN FACT, 3.5ep10 (that all are collectively using for a reference (without reading evidentally) plainly states in the example that "she does not retroactively get additional points for her previous levels (that is, skill points she would have gained if she had had an Intelligence score of 16 at 1st level"
SORRY guys it can't be any plainer than that.
I agree that 4e, pathfinder do this, and from a programing simplicity I can also see it,
there are several homebrews posted on the Open GL
http://dandwiki.com/wiki/Retroactive_Skill_Points_(3.5e_Variant_Rule)
that go to the trouble to change it. If they went to the trouble of making a hombrew variant to change it, to me this suggests that the defacto is no.

Now from simplicity of programing ... ok... just can't find anything t hat supports this logic with in 3.5
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote