View Single Post
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old January 18th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Seems I've got that all figured out, and I've also figured out how to get the attack bonuses to work. Thanks Lawful_g, that method of making new classes with a bootstrap worked perfectly. I'm trying to figure out how to do this with the armor rule in my game. Armor no longer has a max Dex bonus, but has a 1, .75, or .5 multiplied to the character's Dex bonus and added into the Armor Class. For example, light armor is x1, medium x.75, and heavy x.5 (rounded down). I've tried making new armors with this maximum Dex percentage as a tag, but I'm having problems implementing it. Here is the script I was using for determining max Dex bonus to armor.

if (hero.child[aDEX].field[aModBonus].value > 0) then
hero.child[ArmorClass].field[Bonus].value -= minimum(hero.child[aDEX].field[aModBonus].value, hero.child[ArmorClass].field[mMaxDex].value)
var temp_mod as number
temp_mod = round (hero.child[ArmorClass].field[mMaxDex].value * hero.child[ArmorClass].field[mPctDex].value, 1, -1)
hero.child[ArmorClass].field[Bonus].value += temp_mod
endif

It simply doesn't recognize the mPctDex in my new chain shirt armor I made, even though I have created a tag there. Problem is, if I make it a user tag, it has no way of accessing it. One solution I thought of was to create three new abilities to bootstrap to my armors that has the 1, .75, and .5 modifiers. Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Last edited by Kendall-DM; January 18th, 2011 at 11:28 PM.
Kendall-DM is offline   #15 Reply With Quote