View Single Post
LotsOfLore

Old February 29th, 2020, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
We're here and we're listening, we just don't always have time to reply. As a company, we're trying to make do for the time being with a smaller staff than we've had in the past. That means fewer people are stretched thinner (I, for instance, should probably be writing code right now )

Duggan is right that we've been burned in the past. To be clear, plenty of that responsibility is on us still. We get excited about new ideas, underestimate how difficult they are to implement, and have to scale back/delay, causing understandable disappointment. As a result, we've garnered a somewhat deserved reputation over the past few years of promising too much and delivering too little.

Speaking personally (and not for LWD as a whole), I've started to think with a new philosophy: speak with what we ship. Promises of what might or might not happen sometime this year or next are no good to anyone, especially when they seem to rarely manifest. People asked for campaign demo access and group licensing, so we worked hard on those and have delivered our initial version of that. And we'll keep on iterating on those and polishing. "Show, don't tell."

All I ask of you all is that you keep this in mind: You're probably used to dealing with giant, faceless corporations, with armies of PR people dedicated to spinning whatever BS their upper management wants you to hear. Here you're dealing with a surprisingly small group of dedicated (and in some cases, very overworked *cough* Rob *cough*) gamers who are doing our damnedest to make something we love, and share it with all of you.
Thank you for your time and effort. I have just now had a look at the new subscription plan offers... To be completely honest, a PAID demo access (15 $ per year) is not exactly what I was looking for. But I'm sure some people will find this suitable.

Thank you and keep up the good work.

P.S.: your editing of my thread title should actually read [Now Available, Sort Of...].

Last edited by LotsOfLore; February 29th, 2020 at 12:37 AM.
LotsOfLore is offline   #12 Reply With Quote