View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 25th, 2015, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikmal View Post
For someone that does not use the plots and story board mode as often as I should. When you link a topic to it.. one of the story board elements... how does it sort those topics in the Realm/Story tree? Or do you have to do that yourself? I am curious if it plots/sorts the topic tree automatically or not.
The topic structure is entirely separate. Why? First, because the same content may appear in multiple plots, so it can't be forcibly re-organized. Second, because different users will prefer organizing the topics in different ways, and forcing one structure on users is not something we want to do.

That said, you can very readily setup a parallel structure on the topic side. Just create a Storyline topic and place all the Scene topics beneath it within the topic hierarchy (by making them contained).

The big advantage of tying plots and topics together is that you can readily view the content in whichever manner will be most useful at a particular time. You can view the plot diagram at one point. Then switch to the topics to read all the details, not to mention being able to quickly follow all the links between the topics to find the information you seek. And you can shift back and forth between the two views instantly by just clicking on things.

I hope that makes sense!
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote