View Single Post
Daelda

Old November 17th, 2016, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Copying Realms [December]

As mentioned above, the use of secured content precludes re-exporting that material, which has the potential to limit how secured material can be adapted and re-used. To mitigate these situations, realms can be copied without involving the export/import mechanism. Users can import secured content into a realm, adapt it as they see fit, and then copy the realm. The copy can then be used to run a campaign, leaving the original intact for future re-use.
Okay, now here's where I'm a little confused... (and maybe I'm just over-complicating things)

I have two Campaigns currently running in the same world. "Halea's Tears" and "Dark Rethem". Both use the same source material.

Now, let's say that I purchase a copy of "Orcs and the Dwarves Who Love Them - Campaign Guide" - I add that to my "Source Realm" - the one that is unaltered, so as to not edit the original.

I then make two duplicate copies of the Realm - one for each of my Campaigns. But...what if I enter in new content that applies to both Campaigns (because, well, World-Building doesn't really end, does it)? Also, let's say that a week later I purchase, "Harnic War-Ferrets -Sourcebook". I add the new Sourcebook to the "Source Realm". But am I then able to add it to "Halea's Tears" and "Dark Rethem"? Or do I have to re-copy the Source Realm? If I alter the material from the "Orcs and the Dwarves Who Love Them - Campaign Guide" in "Halea's Tears", do I then have to do the exact same alterations in "Dark Rethem"? Or is there a way to copy over the changes to "Dark Rethem" from "Halea's Tears"?

Thank you for clearing up my confusion - it is much appreciated!
Daelda is offline   #23 Reply With Quote