Thread: Hero Lab Online
View Single Post
EightBitz

Old August 31st, 2017, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
I'm installing a network cable to my game room this weekend. Ive paid more for lunch in a single sitting that they are charging for a year. Happy to help keep the lights on.

There is one thing I expect from LWD though. Official 5e support for both Realm Works and Hero Lab. This is the thing I desire over any other changes they could make.
I'm happy to help keep the lights on as well, with the right model.

With Realm Works, for example, I'm currently enjoying free cloud access. I may or may not continue that when the content market goes live. It all depends on my financial situation at the time. But say that I don't. I still have full, unrestricted access to use the program locally. I can create content. I can view content. I can export content.

With HLO, if my subscription lapses, I'm in view-only mode. I can't create. I can't edit. Any data packages I don't share with HLC, I lose access to. If I have three data packages that aren't shared with HLC, that could total to as much as $120. And if my $2/mo subscription lapses, that's $120 worth of content that I can no longer access.

I'm just not a fan of that business model.
EightBitz is offline   #76