View Single Post
Toblakai

Old September 9th, 2017, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
I go to six cons a year and average one store or other location without wifi game night per week. At times I've also had weekly or biweekly campaigns in similar locations, though at the moment I am not in one.

I also occasionally work on my campaigns and characters at a family farm where there is effectively no internet or cellular service. (I'm more of a late person while they're early folks, so there's always time in the evenings when I'm wired and they're conked out. Still, getting away from the electronics while visiting family is nice. :)
Do the six cons or stores all have spotty wifi or cell coverage? It just feels this is a non-issue overall. You know when you are going to a con, so using HLC is perfectly reasonable or printing a sheet before you go. Needing HeroLab online on a farm with no wifi is again a non-issue, it's not like your going to be joining a game in the middle of no-where

HLO in my opinion is good for 2 groups of people, those that play with a group of friends consistently not a random group of people (cons, PFS, pick up groups at stores), and those that want to use a form factor other than iPad or Windows device.

There may end up being a third group, those that prefer the UI, and stop using HLC whenever possible.
Toblakai is offline   #84 Reply With Quote