Thread: Roadmap please
View Single Post
the_redbeard

Old August 8th, 2019, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
The use case for RW is very much "enter all the data first and between sessions", rather than as a note-taking tool during sessions.
I must be the exception. I've made my own game session category, separate from the provided tool. Each session I make a new topic, and order them with a prefix. I record which characters were there, the real world date of the session, and the (numerical) start and end in-game days. Then I take notes in snippets during the session, and I can choose if the notes are player info or DM info. It's all linked, so I can easily find a record of interactions with an NPC or when an item was found, etc.

Since I run a sandbox without a pre-scripted story, I may be an atypical RW user. But it's fantastic for a game heavy on faction interaction and where the past sessions influence the next.

EDIT to continue the conversation of the OP: I've got enough history and work inputting this world into RW that I won't be switching from RW as long as I'm DMing this world... unless some competitor put out an import feature. But all bets are off if I started a different world due to concerns expressed already in this thread.
I had hoped that the CM would provide income that would support RW development, and I fully expected there to be a quiet period after the CM release. I've even purchased a few CM items even though my world is nearly completely homebrewed, mostly with non-standard monsters and such, to support RW. I can also understand that Lonewolf's user base is largely Pathfinder and so a big development like PF2 (really not long after Starfinder too) would cause some shifting of resources. But with PF2 out, I'd have assumed that LW would have received previews and been working on PF2 before the launch so that with launch resources could go back to other things.
So, yeah: throw us a bone cuz we're going hungry. The dogs might start sniffing around another doorstep.

Last edited by the_redbeard; August 8th, 2019 at 05:07 PM.
the_redbeard is offline   #17 Reply With Quote