Thread: Text with title
View Single Post
Greebo

Old April 5th, 2016, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Which is why I made the suggestion that we be allowed to template text fields with some default text. It would be great if my text field I called Description could be templated with the default text "Description:", so that I don't have to put that in every time, and it solves the labeling problem in a way that doesn't interfere with the layout and design portion of RW. In general, any ability to template fields with default data would go a long way to helping the data entry portion of RW.
+1

In my opinion the ability to define topics as subtemplates with pre-filled / prepopulated snippets would be quite usefull.
Currently I create generic topics of some templates with pre-filled snippets (e.g. with "description: nn", "geographical position: between nn and nn" or "origin: nn") and place them in a list. Whenever I create e.g. a character, I copy the generic topic and fill in the specifics.
Since it makes no real difference whether I have to copy my customized topic from my own list or the announced staging area, this process will stay cumbersome even with Content Market fully functional.
Greebo is offline   #49 Reply With Quote