View Single Post
Murrdox

Old May 30th, 2019, 08:30 AM
Thanks Valyar, you pushed me to take a bit of a closer look and I figured it out.

I was understanding "Groups" wrong. I was treating Groups as a static assignment, similar to a Topic. I thought Topics were manually nested inside of Groups, but that is not the case. Topics are dynamically assigned to Groups based on their category.

I was frustrated because I wanted to drag and drop a Topic from one group to another group. That doesn't work because Group assignment is just a dynamic grouping based on the category. To make something appear in a different group, you need to actually change the category.

To complicate matters, my Cast List was technically a "Group List" and not a "Cast List". Groups Lists are grouped under Groups, and Cast Lists are grouped under "People".

So to solve this what I needed to do was to remove the container relationship of my Group List, and then to get it into the People Group where I wanted it, I needed to change the category from Group List to Cast List. Now it shows up in People just how I wanted it to.
Murrdox is offline   #3 Reply With Quote