View Single Post
Maidhc O Casain

Old July 19th, 2011, 02:26 AM
First, let me say that I absolutely love HeroLab - it's an awesome tool and I use it all the time. I bought a license for a friend and he's now hooked on it as well. I support HeroLab with my voice (talking it up to my friends, 'posting it up' both here and on ENWorld) and my money (I have almost every Pathfinder dataset, and as soon as my finances recover from my imminent vacation I'll pick up Ultimate Magic and my collection will once more be complete).

However, the OP does have a valid point. It's not complete.
  • As he said, there are many things that "have not been implemented." This is a bit of a letdown. I paid for it, it should be available; if it's not, it should be made available at the earliest opportunity.
  • Each installment of the adventure paths includes about 6 new monsters. That's about 140 monsters to date, and that number just keeps growing. (Yes, I know some/most of these are available as .user files, but I'd much rather see them included in the official package).

There are likely other things missing from packages that are already implemented that I've not thought of, but these two popped immediately to mind.

I understand that LW is a very small company and resources (employees) who can do this work are limited. But this is a problem that is only going to get worse unless steps are taken to correct it. Paizo surely isn't going to stop putting out material, which means that LW as it currently stands is always going to be struggling to keep up with the new stuff, which means that finding time to go back and take care of the "this has not been implemented" stuff (and the AP bestiaries, etc) is always going to get pushed to the back burner.

This should change - if I pay for a product, I'd really like to get the whole product.

(Did I get the tone right? I'm not bitter at all; as I said, I love HL and support it whole-heartedly, but I think part of that support should be giving feedback about what I think would make the product better).
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #8 Reply With Quote