View Single Post
Paragon

Old February 7th, 2015, 07:47 PM
Let me explain the kind of thing I'm thinking about doing, and maybe someone can tell me why it won't work, or how to make it work.

In the code thread, Zarlor has the following two entries:

"To grant a specific skill at d6 (we use Healing in this example):

Bootstrap: skHealing
Eval Script: Pre-Traits/5000

Code:

~This will offset the cost:
perform #resspent[resSkill,-,1,"Chaplain"]

~This will increase the Skill
foreach pick in hero where "thingid.skHealing"
eachpick.field[trtBonus].value += 1
nexteach

Note here that we had to use a Bootstrap to add the Healing Skill, then we offset the cost of it to make it free to have it, and finally we added "1" to the die type, since the Bootstrap gave us the skill at d4. if we added "2" we could start with a d8 in the skill, and so on."

Later on, he also has the following:

"To create a drop-down "pick list", let's say to apply a +1 roll bonus to one of three skills (the Scholar Edge is another example worth looking at):

Menu #1 Source: All Picks on Hero (this will make sure you don't get an error for trying to modify a skill that doesn't exist on the character)
Menu #1 Tag Expression: thingid.skBoating | thingid.skDriving | thingid.skPiloting
Eval Scripts: Pre-Traits/5000 - Before: Calc trtFinal

Code:

~apply the +1 modifier to selected skill
if (field[usrChosen1].ischosen <> 0) then
perform field[usrChosen1].chosen.field[trtRoll].modify[+,1,"Ordo Novus Templum"]
endif

-----"

I'm gathering these two concepts can't be combined in one thing for some reason? Would it make any difference if the racial ability, instead of directly doing this, gave you an Edge that did so?
Paragon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote