View Single Post
jfrazierjr

Old October 19th, 2017, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
"Did you happen to have any luck with the whole player choose their free skill at d6 type thing?"

This is one I don't really understand. Why not just give them the extra build points and let them choose an extra Skill?
Let's just say for the sake of argument that some future pick requires the selected skill to be actually saved to the character during the character creation. As a simple example(for which I have no official setting to present!), pretend we have a race ability defined as thus:

Racial Ability(this word is the GENERIC use of the word, NOT the HeroLab scripting use of the word!)

Dwarves may choose either Knowledge (Armor Smithing), Knowledge (Arms Smithing), Knowledge (Brewing), Knowledge (Jeweler) during character creation. This skill begins at d6 with no point cost.

Edge - Racial Training (Dwarf, Seasoned):
Increase your racial Knowledge skill by one die type.

This may seem like a really stupid example, but once you start taking the the way skills are purchase when compared to the linked ability it really can make sense for stuff like this. Again, I have not seen this in any source since I really don't have or want much of the setting files, but the racial ability above exactly mirrors one in my home game and I can see created an edge just like the above but might not because of either the inability or the workarounds required in HeroLab to support it.
jfrazierjr is offline   #189 Reply With Quote