View Single Post
TobyFox2002

Old May 2nd, 2016, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
Separate issue:

I have some concerns about the "Dungeons and Dragons Conversion" entry in the first post. As I read it, these changes are included in the Forgotten Realms and other setting material as well, creating dependencies between the settings and these changes.

I do not wish to see replacements of core materials made, especially as it seems to be only in order to use the proprietary D&D names instead of the SRD names. I am not sure, but the SRD names exist because the proprietary names cannot be used, so this might even violate the license terms.

These error messages appear when loading the new FR materials:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Thing 'ioElHorRe' - Bootstrap thing 'sp35Sunbe7' does not exist
Thing 'ioFRAnsHar' - Bootstrap thing 'sp35HeaCr5' does not exist
Thing 'ioFRGlChLa' - Bootstrap thing 'sp35HeaCr5' does not exist
Thing 'ioFROllHar' - Bootstrap thing 'sp35Eyebi6' does not exist
Thing 'ioFRWhClSp' - Bootstrap thing 'spSpidCli1' does not exist
Thing 'isFREntrap' - Bootstrap thing 'sp35OtiRS4' does not exist
Thing 'rFRTressym' - Bootstrap thing 'raFCOpImPo' does not exist
That file is for two purposes, one the replacement of the new names with the more 3.5 names (many of which are integral to the story of faerun, ravenloft or dragonlance or other legacy settings). And the second is to include spells and abilities that are required for things in said settings but never included as part of those materials.

The items you indicated are all of the latter. I will De-Source them until I can break this into two sources, one for the optional "old-names" and one for the legacy content required for other books.

As for it being a violation. If thats the case I'll remove all of the old names entirely and maintain that separate from everything else. However, I though the community content was already separate from everything officially released.

In the mean time until I push a fix for this you can either leave it checked and adapt, or manually go in and de-source those items yourself.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote