Thread: Assigning Tags
View Single Post
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old November 4th, 2011, 10:26 AM
In experimenting with classes and domains, I am starting to understand what the choice of domains needs. In class, it's called cCustTot and is an array. This doesn't exist on a creature (which, for better or for worse, is a sort of class). I looked through all the arrays on a creature to see if there was a field similar to cCustTot on classes, but didn't find any, though there are some that look like candidates, but I'm doubting them. I will see what's what in the coming days and report again. If the necessary fields are missing, I'll report them as a feature request. Does Pathfinder have this capability in place?

UPDATE: No love. This mechanic just doesn't work for creatures, unfortunately. You can't even bootstrap the domain without any actual cleric levels. The only other solution I have, which I know will work, is too drastic to undertake. It would require work above and beyond what I think is a valid solution, and that is adding each spell level of the domain as a spell-like ability (dependent on cleric level of course) and bootstrapping the domain ability in (the book is rather unclear about whether something that casts as a cleric actually gets the domain ability, or just the ability to cast the domain spells). I'd have to do this for each race that has access to a domain, and I'd have to put in place static domain choices (which leads to a whole new can of worms, would you make a version for each combination of domains?). Again, that is too insane to contemplate, even though I can get that to work. Another thought was to give the creature one less HD and then one level of cleric, to get the domains in, but that also seems extreme as that requires fixing all the BAB, saves, etc. to exclude the additions of the cleric while giving the last HD properly. *Shrug* This needs fixing internally.

Last edited by Kendall-DM; November 4th, 2011 at 11:56 AM.
Kendall-DM is offline   #9 Reply With Quote