View Single Post
McGray

Old December 9th, 2014, 02:17 AM
+1

I second that approach! I like the idea and the integration along the current design of RW. But as with a lot of other situations, players should not be able to see, what information is only partially revealed.

One "downside" of RW is the fact, that once something is revealed, its never forgotten any more. Transparency is nice, but sometimes its also nice and important that players interact with each other to synchronize what they know and what not.

With my last game with a very complex background, nearly no fact was equally know to all players. One player noted down the name of a major NPC, while all others did not and remembered only "a woman".

So with the above suggested solution, no player should see the reveal indicator at all. Thus, each player would see different parts of the picture, leaving room for discussion, information exchange etc. between the players. Sometimes they do not all pull in the same direction and there will be situations where a player may want to "use" an information that is only known to himself to his advantage, even against his fellow players...

Edit: just checked playere view in RW and there is currently no color indicator as in GW mode to reveal the reveal state to the player. So I would assume that if such reveal systems as suggested above would be integrated, it would also not be visible for the players, showing only the revealed snippet, but not its "reveal state".

Last edited by McGray; December 9th, 2014 at 02:21 AM. Reason: checked something in RW :)
McGray is offline   #3 Reply With Quote