View Single Post
Sendric

Old April 1st, 2020, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trion View Post
Hi,

I am not sure if this is really a bug or just a missing feature, and maybe this has already been discussed and I couldn't find it.

I am building a Cleric in 3.5e, using the Divine Metamagic feat from Complete Divine.

If I pick the feat, and chose eg. Quicken Spell as the "Metamagicaly Divined" feat, I should then be able to memorize a spell of, say, lvl 2 (Aid), apply Divine Metamagic - Quicken Spell to it, and it should remain a lvl2-slot spell, consuming 3 Turn UD charges as well.

However, when I try to add a Custom - Metamagic Spell to my memorized spells, I can't add Divine Metamagic - Quicken Spell as the added Metamagic Power. I can only find the normal Quicken Spell, and the spells become a higher level-slot spell, which I don't want !

Sorry if this is a known issue !

Thank you for your work, this custom 3.5 pack is absolutely awesome.

Trion
First of all, thanks for the report. Don't be shy about reporting even if they may have already been reported.

Based on the description of this feat it appears that it's intended to allow the character to use the metamagic feat on any prepared spell as a free action, thus it is not applied to prepared spells ahead of time. As a result, I think the current behavior is the correct behavior. As a player, you would just announce you are using the feat then deduct the appropriate number of Turn/Rebuke Undead charges from the In-Play tab and cast your quickened spell.

One change that can be made to this feat is) to provide a dropdown list to select metamagic feats from as opposed to freeform control.

Last edited by Sendric; April 1st, 2020 at 06:50 AM.
Sendric is offline   #984 Reply With Quote