View Single Post
Venger

Old March 3rd, 2020, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
It's... a trip, to be sure. Just like any other system, buying it will let you save and print portfolios (and exceed a few limits in the number of elements you can add to a character), so you can basically do the entire tutorial, trying it out, before buying anything.

And if you encounter troubles, post here. We're friendly, and always glad to see another suffer^Kenjoy their experience with the program. :-D
Yay! Thank you, misery loves company!
I bought in, and thus far the underdark is not so bad, but it is tricky, there are footfalls along the way..

i.e. I'm doing the tuts and mistrust myself when the Tut mentions something that hasn't been presented before, like the mention of bootstraps in Tut #2
I'm on Tut #6 and still haven't seen bootstrap's, bootstraps
So I retrace my steps, looking for secrets I might have missed, and there are many winding passages and earthly distractions.
I don't know what Picks are either but I know they are a thing, well maybe not a "thing", you get my point, and I'll get there by & by

Regarding the tuts, I've gathered all work is focused on dev and I'm good with that. Carry on.
Having a place here to ask for help is great
I continue on yet undaunted

I do have a noob question, possibly jumping the gun but I want to know
How deep does the AK go? Can I eventually get to the point of creating/editing my own tabs and fields, or are the ones presented sort of hardcoded and that's what I have to work with? (which is amazing)
Is there yet a deeper darker place learned sages go that allow them to alter the fabric of reality? (aside from HL program language level code which is for Wizards, I'm not worthy)
What if I wanted a PC who could possess multiple items that each had their own AC,HP, and what if manually tracking them was fine by me?
Could the learned sage do this?

(pardon the metaphors its just fun, humor an old man)
Thanks!

Last edited by Venger; March 3rd, 2020 at 04:57 AM.
Venger is offline   #7 Reply With Quote