View Single Post
kbs666

Old March 25th, 2017, 01:52 PM
I'll try one more time.

For many to many to work requires an extra table with at least one record for every topic. That means an extra join to build the tree. That is no big deal except that means redoing a lot of stuff that is already long done. I doubt Rob is eager to revisit that stuff.

The controls are not custom. They use a 3rd party library. You can do a search on the forum for which one. I can't be bothered to do it for you. Small shops do not in general write custom controls unless that is their business. LWD is in the business of writing gaming software they sure aren't going to spend time on writing controls.

I know quite a lot about the program. I know there is no DOM. There is no modding capability or scripting capability which would exist if there was a DOM. There are plenty of things you can do when starting from scratch that are substantially more difficult when you try to change an existing program.

Changing how links work is so fundamental to how the program works it would involve a massive change to one of the core functionalities of the program. I'm still not even sure how you would identify a non name that you want to be a link to a snippet. Even in HTML links to bookmarks are almost always hidden by plain text which is a capability not available in RW.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #36 Reply With Quote