View Single Post
Myridden

Old August 19th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeleyOne View Post
Pathfinder often uses a universal variable called abValue. This does not seem to exist in Savage Worlds, and for the most part is not needed. But as I correctly guessed, you can indeed have PP show up in the name of the Temptress edge. Go ahead and alter the code to get the equations that you want, but this will give you a baseline. I have no idea what Timing to use, but since it is likely you want to use your Traits, I tested it for Traits 5000 and it works.

Code:
var PPoint as number
PPoint = 10

field[livename].text = field[thingname].text & " (PP: " & PPoint & ")"
I had been using a Derived Trait for Command Radius, but I will now go back and steal this idea and just make it appear on the Command edge.
If I read this all correctly it will add the calculated PP total to the name of the edge on the sheet, which is cool. But how would you enable the powers tab and assign the one power the edge is supposed to grant?

That's the problem from what I can tell (and I don't know nearly enough about the editor to come up with these creative solutions you guys do!) - it acts like a mini AB as far as the game mechanics go (grants a limited PP Pool and 1 power with no drawbacks), but it's not actually supposed to be an AB in game terms. The abilities represent something the character has learned to do and are not actually magical abilities, so they shouldn't preclude taking a real AB.

Thanks to all for the ideas and help so far!

~M
Myridden is offline   #18 Reply With Quote