Thread: Plot subgroup
View Single Post
Fox Lee

Old March 22nd, 2014, 12:16 AM
I can't believe I haven't mentioned this yet, but apparently I haven't. It's been bugging me for ages though! Not a dealbreaker, of course, but it would be extremely useful for me.

I would love to be able to create plot groups as sub-groups of one another.

I have a huge adventure that spans ~30 character levels, over the course of 10 modules, each with 3-5 chapters in 2-5 sections. If this was the only thing I was doing in RW, I'd make each book its own plot group, so I could collapse what I don't need in the list right now and speed up my ability to navigate.

However, RW is a setting-wide tool! There will be lots of other adventures I want to run in this setting. Therefore, I instead had to opt for the entire adventure as a plot group, and resort to using numbering in the plot titles (so "The Thing That Happened" in book 1 chapter 3 section 2, becomes "1.3.2 The Thing That Happened") to keep them listed in something like a useful order.

If I was able to create plot groups within plot groups, I would have a much more usable model, with groups on the level of adventure, book AND chapter. I have used tag filtering to achieve something similar, but it would be SO much better to use if I could just collapse/expand books and chapters, rather than engage filters every time.

Fox Lee, The Art Gremblin
Invincible Ink - Original indie tabletop games on demand
The Square Fireball - Where it's 4th Edition Forever
Skies of Escarnum - Inclusive anime-flavoured 4e campaign world
HeroLab 4e patch contributor
Fox Lee is offline   #1 Reply With Quote