View Single Post
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 13th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
There is a problem with Gear and the Size thereof calculating the correct weight. ....
Speaking of weights.....containers aren't validating that the contents are within their weight limits.

Example, I took 300 lbs of Feed and stuffed it into a 'Bag of Holding Type I' which has a weight limit of 250 lbs. No error flag. The same was true when I moved that same 300 pound load of Feed into saddlebags, a backpack, a sack and even a belt pouch!

I know there are those who will say "hey, common sense would stop someone from putting something crazy into a container, like 300# of Feed into a belt pouch" but there are a lot of people who, either accidentally or due to greed, will stuff 5,000,000 gold pieces into a non-magical belt pouch or their 46 "spare" guisarmes (12 lbs each AND quite long) into a non-magical sack and think they've done nothing wrong because the software didn't flag this move as a weight and/or volume violation.

What is the point of getting an expensive Bag of Holding, beyond the fact that it weighs a static amount, when you can literally put all the gear you own into a single (belt pouch, sack, backpack, pair of saddlebags, etc.)?

What is the motivation of ever upgrading from a 'Bag of Holding Type I' to a 'Type II' (or greater) if the software doesn't enforce the weight & volume limits? As noted above, without a flag the player could innocently be violating the limits and not realize they need to craft or buy a new Bag of Holding.

Once again Aaron, sorry for adding to the workload,
Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer

Last edited by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer; November 13th, 2011 at 09:24 AM.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #165