View Single Post
Aaron

Old November 13th, 2011, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer View Post
A reminder about an old bug report & a request for a change.

Bug: when doing spell selection as a paladin (and I suspect this is true for other classes) I use the Custom/Metamagic Spell option. Picking "Cure Light Wounds" I add the metamagic feat of "Reach Spell" to give it a range of 30 feet. The problem is an error message which is, as far as I've been able to determine, falsely claiming that the character must first posses the "Rapid Spell" metamagic feat.

Request: currently the printed sheet would list the above example (plus a genuine 3rd level spell: Healing Spirit) as "Paladin 3: Cure Light Wounds, Reach, Healing Spirit" but this makes it look like there are three 3rd level spells. One called Cure Light Wounds, another called Reach and finally Healing Spirit. I therefore request that the metamagic component of a spell be listed in parenthese followed by the comma separator: "Paladin 3: Cure Light Wounds Rush (Reach), Healing Spirit"

Thanks in advance & apologies to Aaron for adding to his workload,
Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
Don't feel bad Nigel, but unfortunately I can't help you with this first one. Reach Spell is a feat from the Community files, it is Verboten to me. But it is really easy to fix. In the editor, go to the Reach MM power in the appropriate community file and click on the pre-req button. Make sure the displayed message is right, and that it is checking for the correct feat to validate. Change whichever of those 2 things is wrong then submit it to ShadowChemosh for the next release.

For the second, I will add it to my to do list. Currently working my way through this bug list over the weekend.
Aaron is offline   #163