View Single Post
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old November 4th, 2011, 02:02 PM
There is a problem with Gear and the Size thereof calculating the correct weight. Things work fine if the creature's size is part of the starting package. However, if you use the adjustment to size up a creature (including all the gear it has), the carried weight never changes. So, sizing down a hero is actually causing them to carry the weight of the original sized character, and thus weighing them down, cutting into the movement. Apparently, sizing up/down a hero (and thus its gear) doesn't actually change the weight at all from the original size.

UPDATE: I have temporarily fixed this in my files, and it wasn't difficult to do. You do have to apply different rules to gear items (which are 1/4 per decreased size category change) than to armor/weapons (which are 1/2 per decreased size category change). Sizing up is x2 per size change across the board (seems weird, considering they should be sizing up to x4 to balance, go figure, another rule that mathematically makes no sense).

Another thing I've noticed is that Huge creature weapon/armors seem to be x5 the weight of Medium creature weapon/armors, when it should be x4. Furthermore, Tiny, Diminutive, and Fine creature weapon/armors are getting x0.1 of Medium creature weapon/armors when they should be x0.25, x0.125, and x0.0625 respectively. Regular gear is not being weighted appropriately at all, only 1/2 of Medium creature items at size Small or smaller, or the same as Medium creature items at size Large or larger.

Last edited by Kendall-DM; November 4th, 2011 at 03:37 PM.
Kendall-DM is offline   #162