View Single Post
jfrazierjr

Old October 14th, 2017, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemporalVengeance View Post
I've accessed the wiki several times and I don't understand how to use the Authoring Kit. I see the Sample Game System but I don't understand how to access something to create one of my own. I was hoping to use it to make Scion inside Hero Lab because the thread where a guy was doing that seems to have died, but I can't seem to understand how to even get started.

As well, is there an index of user created game systems or do I need to randomly wander the forums and hope to stumble on one?
The is a menu item , I don't have it in front of me, but it's something like copy game system or create new or something like that. You then edit the xml file in that newly created folder to implement you games features. It is a lot of work and the more complex the system, the more work it will be. The first thing you need to sit down and think REALLY hard about is your nouns, things like ability, skill, edge, weapon, etc. Do this before you start editing.. write these down and keep this list handy and go over then multiple times to make sure you are. It missing something.
jfrazierjr is offline   #2 Reply With Quote