View Single Post
MNBlockHead

Old May 13th, 2015, 06:54 PM
What functionality do they describe on that page that is not available in the players addition? I don't want this to turn into an argument, I'm just not sure what makes it useless to you and your players. What did you expect it to do based on the web page that it does not do? Perhaps RW should update the language if it is misleading.

Why won't your players touch it? I agree that it would be nice if players could add their own notes to any revealed snippets and could choose to share or NOT share their notes with other players and the GM, but there is still a lot of value to having access to the revealed content. Certainly worth ten bucks. The cost is the same as two decent minis or one really nice mini. If five players pitch in, it is only $6 per player copy.

Also, why does it bother you that your players won't touch it? I'm happy to send my players an invite if they buy the players version, and I think they would benefit from having access to all the revealed info, but I don't care if they don't. Their having or not having the product doesn't affect my use of it.

Again, I don't mean to challenge your desired use of the product, especially if the marketing mislead you into thinking it would support your desired use, when it did not.

I would encourage you to get over your initial buyers remorse and give it one more chance before ditching it. One reason that I switched to RW from MasterPlan is that I (incorrectly) believed that RW supported multiple, custom-made calendars. I saw a video of a beta version of RW, quickly read over the feature list, and bought it. I experienced quite a bit of buyers remorse when I learned that that beta calendar functionality was removed and I was also a overwhelmed buy how to get started.

Since I couldn't return it, and hadn't found anything better, I decided to at least make a real effort to use it and after the initial learning curve, it has become an indispensable, daily tool for managing my campaign data. It may not do everything that I want (calendars, collaborative comments/notes on topics and articles), but it does so much else that I need and does it better than any other solution I've tried.

I do think that LWD should offer a demo or return policy. According to their FAQs the nature of the technology makes offering a demo difficult, but I'm not sure how that prevents a return policy. In LWD's defense, I don't think they are trying to trick people into buying the product. They offer demos of their other products and a return policy would probably be in their favor as it would encourage impulse buys, where the lack of demo or return policy probably drives some people away as they don't want to have to read a bunch of documentation and watch videos to see if it is something that would work for them.
MNBlockHead is offline   #9 Reply With Quote