View Single Post
Sendric

Old November 9th, 2020, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
On options 2 of my earlier post I think that a better way to label each this is as follows, using the same examples:

Instead of slaSuggestSL2. I thinks slaSuggestSL2Cha is better for using with these entries.
Breaking it down as follows:
sla - Spell-Like Abililties - Same for all Spell-Like Abilities.
Suggest - Suggestion - Spell name or abbreviation.
SL - Spell Level.
2 - The actual Spell Level.
Cha - Charisma - The ability bonus that this entry uses to determine the DC for the Saving Throw. If no Saving Throw is needed for this spell there will be nothing after the Spell Level.

Instead of slaSuggestSL3. I thinks slaSuggestSL3Cha is better for using with these entries.
Breaking it down as follows:
sla - Spell-Like Abililties - Same for all Spell-Like Abilities.
Suggest - Suggestion - Spell name or abbreviation.
SL - Spell Level.
3 - The actual Spell Level.
Cha - Charisma - The ability bonus that this entry uses to determine the DC for the Saving Throw. If no Saving Throw is needed for this spell there will be nothing after the Spell Level.

Almost all spells have different Spell Levels based on which class spell list is being used. This style labeling shows right away which level the entry uses to determine the DC. And different classes tend to use different ability bonuses to determine the DC. This style labeling shows right away which ability, if any, the entry uses to determine the DC.
As stated above, there's already a mechanism in place to handle the spell level. I prefer to keep that rather than continue to add more things.

I don't dislike your ideas, but it does lead to adding more and more things which I would prefer to avoid. The point of these files (Custom - Spell Like Abilities, Custom - Universal Specials, Custom - Shared Customizable Specials) is to make things as versatile as possible while keeping the size of the data files down.
Sendric is offline   #1077 Reply With Quote