View Single Post
Chemlak

Old December 24th, 2013, 06:45 PM
I'm posting this in its own thread so that LWD can kill it with fire if they want to, but I've been wanting to say something for a while, now.

I've seen an increasing number of complaints that LWD haven't met their release schedule for Realm Works. These complaints invariably come from people who didn't back the Kickstarter, because those of us who did have actually got RW now.

I get it, I really do. This software is the dogs bollocks (UK English colloquialism - look it up) of campaign management software. It is unique, flexible, powerful, and a one-stop shop for handling complex worlds.

It also isn't finished, yet.

There are some things still outstanding before LWD think it should be launched to the general public, and I agree with their decision.

LWD are not beholden to a publisher. They don't have to meet anyone else's release schedule, no matter the state of the software. They have decided that it needs to meet a particular level of stability and functionality, and they are not going to release it until it does.

That's a pretty brave move in today's "I want it now, so I'll get what there is" marketplace.

Time and again, LWD have explained themselves, and they really shouldn't need to.

Now, here's how I see things. I backed the Kickstarter. I put my money into this project. I applied for the beta, but didn't get in. I really, really, REALLY wanted this software, or something like it. So I fronted enough cash to get early access (and more). And I have not once complained, even when they first said EA would be in May, and June came around with nothing. Yes, people, I gave them money and got nothing when they said I would, and I didn't complain.

So I simply cannot understand how anyone who has not paid LWD a single cent for RW can choose to complain about not having it.

Yes, I understand that you want to give them your money, and get the product in return. No worries, there. But they will not take it from you until you can be given what you pay for.

Please stop complaining that you don't have RW, yet. It's coming. It will be awesome, and it will be everything you hope it will be, and it will be functional and stable.
Chemlak is offline   #1