View Single Post
AntaresCD
Volunteer Data File Author

Old October 16th, 2011, 09:55 PM
I noticed a bug relating to champions when working with a High Elf army, although this bug may be present elsewhere as well, I did not look.

Essentially, if you upgrade a unit to have a champion, the champion itself is not listed as having the army wide special rules (Valour of Ages & Speed of Asuryan), and the unit specific special rules (causes Fear For a Keeper of the Flame, for example). The weapon choices and other such options seem to all propagate correctly though.

This is overall cosmetic, since most people should understand that a champion acts under the same rules and abilities of the rank and file in his unit (except the fact that he is a champion of course), but there are some situations where people can be confused or accidentally mislead.

The first example of this was the one that caused me to notice the bug and test to see how far it reached: A Bladelord (Sword Masters of Hoeth champion) will be listed as having Always Strikes Last (which is not true, despite having a Greatsword, because like all High Elves, he has Speed of Asuryan). Again, mostly cosmetic on the program and printouts, but can cause confusion.

A more prominent example of this that I noticed was a High Helm (Silver Helm champion) will have the 6+ Ward save for close combat from hand weapon + shield listing in his statistics. Which means it's not registering the fact that he is on an Elven steed like the rest of his unit, so he cannot claim that Ward Save (it shows correctly on the rank and file).

Overall, it looks as though specials are not propagating down properly to a champion's entry, so misleading, or erroneous statistics are popping up.

Hopefully my description gave enough detail for you to find the problem.

Thanks, for the great Data File,

~AntaresCD
AntaresCD is offline   #2 Reply With Quote