View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 23rd, 2018, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyteach View Post
Shadow, understand, except that an Encounter builder would be part of the game resources, no?
Its mixed really but the main part would be out side of the game developers. In addition putting together .por files (which is what the encounter builder uses) could easily be passed off to a contractor to build. That is once everything is in place in HLO. Meaning it would not even need game developers time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyteach View Post
And even the starship builder doesn't have to be shared (at least in the beginning).
True except its not good business to build something twice. If the game developers build ships now I would expect little to none of it to work with the new "shared resource" framework. This means ships have to be "re-built" again to work with the "shared resource" logic.

Not only does this mean double the hours LW has to invest but it would break ships people where using when New ships went live. This means even more time making sure the "old" ships work and the "new" ships work. And how long do you keep making "old" ships work? A month? 6 months? a Year?

I know it sucks to wait. I am in the same boat but I can't fault LW for wanting to build something once.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote