View Single Post
AncientOne

Old July 17th, 2012, 10:01 AM
TIPS & FAQs

How do I get my character sheet as a PDF?
You can 'print' your character sheet from your web browser into a PDF document. If you do a web search for "free pdf printer driver", you will find a number of free printer drivers that allow you to print to PDF. (I use this one: http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp)

My character sheet looks fine on the screen, but the printed output is wrong. How do I fix it?
This is a broad topic because the various browsers have widely different printing capabilities. Here are some of the common things to try:
  • Use your browser's "Print Preview" feature. You may need to do some combination of
    • Disable the On-Sheet Controls, and hide the Control Panel and Information Panel.
    • Make sure your portrait vs landscape printing matches what you selected in the Control Panel.
    • Adjust your margins. This sheet is designed for 1/2-inch margins on all sides, but that means very little to your browser.
    • Instruct your browser not to print headers and/or footers.
    • Instruct your browser to print background colors (if this option exists).
  • Try printing to PDF.
  • If all else fails, try a different browser. [There are times when I want to catch the authors of browser print-engines in a back alley and express my frustration with a +2 Mace of Get-A-Clue. ]

I've put my gear into containers in Hero Lab but, on the sheet, nothing is in a container. What's wrong?
Hero Lab knows what container you've put each piece of gear into but, unfortunately, it doesn't make that information available to custom sheets at this time. You can sort gear into containers on the sheet by enabling "On-Sheet Controls" in the Control Panel; then just drag/drop gear items within a container or between containers.

How do I make a 'Touch Attack' or 'Ranged Touch Attack' appear on the sheet in the Weapons section?
See this post by ShadowChemosh for instructions.

How do I make weapon adjustments (e.g., bonus fire damage) appear on the sheet in the Weapons section?
See this post by ShadowChemosh for instructions.

Last edited by AncientOne; August 3rd, 2012 at 09:19 AM.
AncientOne is offline   #2 Reply With Quote