View Single Post
zeepee

Old December 2nd, 2012, 07:37 AM
Hi Lone Wolf / Hero Lab,

I hope I am not nitpicking too much by asking for this, or I have missed a column which already displays this..

Are their any chance that we will be able to see attack and damage calculation-breakdowns in the future..?

In the Shadowrun module of Hero Lab, this is already possible, but in the Pathfinder module it is not.

In my attached example (see attached attack and damage screendumps) Hero Lab tells me that my Shadowrun character has the total of 12 dice to attack with his Ares Predator IV pistol (10 dice from the Semiautomatic Pistol skill and 2 dice from the Smartgun System). The same goes for damage (the damage from the pistol is 5, and the hollow point ammunition which gives +1 extra damage. Total 6P).

In the Pathfinder module, Hero lab don't shows these calculation-breakdowns for attack and damage, which in the attached example is:

Attack
Base attack +4
Strength +3
Weapon Focus +1
Magic Weapon +1
Total +9

Damage
Weapon base damage 2d4
Strength (two-hands) +4
Weapon Specialization +2
Magic Weapon +1
Total 2d4+7

I know I can do this myself, if I need to find out, but in my opinion it would really be nice and would speed up gameplay, if Hero Lab did it for me.
So when I ask new players on their damage calculations, they don't have to go through everything to see where the last +2 modifier came from.

Of course you could argue, that it's not that critical in Pathfinder as you have a limited number of modifiers to dice roles, unlike Shadowrun where you can easily hit 5+ different modifiers.
I just think it is strange that this mechanic is not present for attack and damage calculations, when it is available for the Armor Class and Skills, as well as in the Shadowrun module

Another example, where it really would be nice, is for CMB and CMD calculations. Again in my example (see attached disarm screendump) I should have +11 CMB with the Improved Disarm feat and the Ransuer. However Hero Lab only calculates the Improved Disarm feat and not the weapon. Again that would have been nice if we were shown the calculation-breakdown, so one could easier spot if something is missing.

Btw. Are their any plans to include Disarm and Trip weapon CMB/CMD modifiers into Hero Lab, without relying on third party contributors..?

/Zeepee
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shadowrun - Attack.jpg (68.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: png Shadowrun - Damage.png (264.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Pathfinder - Attack & Damage.jpg (130.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Pathfinder - Disarm.jpg (134.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Pathfinder - Defense.jpg (147.3 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by zeepee; December 2nd, 2012 at 01:10 PM.
zeepee is offline   #195