View Single Post
Valyar

Old March 4th, 2018, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
What works for you? Have you run games using RW? That's all that really matters. Find the format that works best for you. Format the dat the best way that works for how you run your games. That's the best advice I can give you.

I use the storyboard a lot. I know a lot of GM's don't use it at all. I certainly wouldn't feel the need to keep information in exactly the same places as FFG placed it in their books. Books/PDF's are not realms. Re-arrange things so it makes sense for how you run encounters and information is where you need/want it.
Indeed, "what works for you" is what happens in the end, but as the saying "two heads are better than one" goes - sometimes you just can't think of alternative approach. And this is what I am looking for - ideas, inspiration and different viewpoints.

As RW is not exact science, we have to be creative in entering content that is conceived without "realm structure" in mind. Either we fit the adventure into the box (realm) or vice versa, but latter probably will never come.

Could you share some examples of the storyboard you are using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
In terms of containers, I keep story content completely separate from People/Places/Creatures/Things (PPCT).

If I need to access PPCT topic from within a story topic, I just click on the hyperlink in the story topic.
How you deal with multiple adventures/stories inside same realm?

For example I keep all NPCs in an adventure organized in lists in the same Story to remind myself on their purpose and from where they came just by looking at the left sidebar without clicking anything or following hyperlink from a topic.

If i separate mechanics from world/adventure (which will be the best, as it will reduce the size of each realm and its performance while playing), the lack of ability to open multiple realms or multiple instances of the programs forced me to have one huge monolithic realms per game system. Following a suggestion in another thread, to export and combine as needed didn't turn out to be fast or convenient as I thought, as re-indexing and scanning for content takes shitload of time when the mechanics/world realm is 2k articles and you have to do manual choices...

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #5 Reply With Quote