View Single Post
Tocath

Old April 28th, 2015, 12:15 PM
A huge +1 to this.

When I mentioned this issue to LW support, this was the response.

Quote:
Player View (i.e. showing on a separate monitor on the same monitor in a different window) does not allow interaction with the content, it is a view only experience.

It is assumed that the Player View could be on a monitor that the GM cannot even see (such as a monitor facing the players in front of him, acting as a GM screen, also, or as a TV mounted on the wall behind him) where it is inconvenient to turn around and manipulate the mouse to see where the mouse is on the second monitor.

So having anything interactive there would be problematic for at least some arrangements and so we made the decision that it is view only and non-interactive.
Regardless of whether GMs can see the player screen or not (in my setup I most certainly can), when we show a map on the player screen, players will want to know what the pins represent. GMs need to have some way to show the content of those pins to the players.

Potential Solution / Feature Request: When in player preview mode, allow the GM's mouse interactions inside that preview window to have an effect on the real display. IE, if a GM rolls over or clicks on a pin, it should show in both the preview and the player view on the second monitor. This functionality is already present for resizing and moving windows around, why not for other interactions? And best of all, this solution would work equally well for GMs who can see the screen and those who cannot.

Ideally this functionality would even extend to being able to click on links in articles inside a window. If I have a window showing a list of murder suspects they identified last session, it would be great to be able to click through directly to each suspect rather than bringing up a new window for each, making it visible, resizing it, moving it, etc.
Tocath is offline   #4 Reply With Quote