View Single Post
Ualaa

Old April 21st, 2017, 04:50 AM
If I'm making a character, rather than using a monster, and am not sure at what point I'd like that character to come in... level 6, 7 or 8... or whatever...

I make the character, up to whatever level the minimum is.

And I name it: Character, LV 06.
Then I create one duplicate of that character, and rename it from Character, LV 06 #2 to: Character, LV 07.
Then I level the character up, and make all the changes.

I now have a level 6 and a level 7 of the same character in the porfolio.

I have backup characters ready to go, who show their progression from 1st to 20th, by having 20 versions of the character in their porfolio.

If there are generic versions of hostile Barbarians, I'll have a portfolio for those.
So maybe there are Archers, guys with big Axes and a few with Sword & Shield.
A portfolio gets one of each.

When the PCs need to fight them, I can import hero from portfolio, navigate to the Barbarian file, and select six of the Axe Barbarians with the number arrow next to the Barbarian Axe guy.
You could import all, which would get one of each unique thing, that is another option.
With that approach, you could create duplicates of whatever type needs multiples, once they're in the porfolio, with essentially the same result.

A specific encounter might be the Barbarian leader, with his elite guard, and a bunch of regular ones.
So I may have a portfolio with different versions of the leader, and one with one each of the various Barbarian types.
I'd make a new portfolio, import the leader version, one (or more) of the elite guard, and however many of the normal kind.

When the PCs are going to battle them, from the PC portfolio, import 'hero' and import the entire hostile (marked as enemy, in configure control + k) portfolio.
The Tactical Console then runs the show, and the PCs can loot the corpses.

It helps to have the combined treasure, from all of the bad guys on a creature named 'Treasure' (or something similar), within the combat portfolio.
If you mark 'Treasure' as an ally, it doesn't count as experience against the party, so you can use HL's calculation of the experience value of the enemies for your group.
And treasure then includes eight Great Axes, two of which you've marked as masterwork and one is magical, or whatever; then you can distribute loot from Treasure rather than from each individual Barbarian, if you want to go that route.
Ualaa is offline   #8 Reply With Quote