View Single Post
Mergon

Old October 12th, 2019, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
While this is true that is why Helper.Disable tags exist to disable a bootstrap ability and have it not appear on specials or printed character sheet. Also 5e came from Pathfinder so you should have access to Helper.SpcReplace. This tag allows you to replace an Ability with another ability.

In example if you have Ability A and Ability B. Where A is bootstrapped and ability B is the alternate racial trait. You would have a script on B that assigns Helper.SpcReplace in First/500. This disables and gray's out A and the only thing you should then see on the Specials tab and in print will be B.
ShadowChemosh:

I am trying replace existing Background abilities with new ones from the module Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus.
For example, the ability for the Acolyte background has the tag bAcolShelt. I want to replace that ability with an ability who's tag is ab5CDiVbgAcolyte.

I'd like to create a script with an adjustment if possible, but I can make copies of each exisiting background if necessary. Any ideas/suggestions?

I caught this posting and am trying to see if this would work for me.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #8 Reply With Quote