View Single Post
dungeonguru

Old October 8th, 2019, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
While this is true that is why Helper.Disable tags exist to disable a bootstrap ability and have it not appear on specials or printed character sheet. Also 5e came from Pathfinder so you should have access to Helper.SpcReplace. This tag allows you to replace an Ability with another ability.

In example if you have Ability A and Ability B. Where A is bootstrapped and ability B is the alternate racial trait. You would have a script on B that assigns Helper.SpcReplace in First/500. This disables and gray's out A and the only thing you should then see on the Specials tab and in print will be B.
I'll have to try out SpcReplace and see how that works exactly. Leaving something greyed out under Racials or Specials usually causes confusion for those folks that don't print though. Darkvision doesn't show up under Specials since it uses a different bit of logic as a Sense/Racial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheerANONYMOUS
I'm basically using the breath weapon script and bootstraps for the half-dragons breath weapon verbatim, so I have the script
This is where I got confused as to how you've set up your boon.

When I do it, I create a boon and bootstrap 3 things:
1. Darkvision (raDarkVis) - with a tag: Group ID: Value, Tag ID: 60
2. Blindsight (raBlindSi) - with a Tag: Value.10
3. Half-Dragon Configurable (cfgHlfDrag)

When I grant the boon, I get a new tab asking me for my half-dragon ancestry.

Blindsight is granted.
XXX Breath is granted. (XXX depends on the dragon ancestor)
Damage resistance to XXX is granted. (which is redundant on a dragonborn, but doesn't cause an issue).
Darkvision shows up under racials but is greyed out.

So with a quick script fix to remove the Helper.Disable on Darkvision it all seems to work and I'm not seeing a "not Equipped" message.

All that seems to be left would be to remove the old breath weapon, which would require a bit of scripting to add Helper.Disable to it in order to grey it out.
dungeonguru is offline   #6 Reply With Quote