View Single Post
Ambush

Old April 24th, 2019, 09:15 PM
It takes a little bit to get it working, but once it's in place, it's fairly straightforward. I use dropbox, so this is what my answer is based on. The 2nd time through, the system remembers a lot of the values and you don't need to enter the information again. Also, once the source is set for updates, Hero Lab remembers.

1. From HeroLab, go to Tools --> Launch HL Export
2. Click Select Files next to Game Folder. Hopefully you've got your stuff set aside / organized.
3. Click Select None, then select your .user file(s) to export. Click OK
4. Set the 3rd Party Id, Name (this is what's in the update list in HL), and pick a version (start at 1.0 if you don't prefer anything else)
5. Set your export file (I set mine directly into a folder in dropbox because lazy) and click Generate.
6. Navigate to that folder (either on your machine or on dropbox) and click Share. Get the link to the dropbox file.
7. Back in the HL Export tool, Click File --> Generate Updates XML...
8. Navigate back to the .hl file you just created, select it, and click Open
9. Paste in the link to the dropbox file **NOTE** at the end of the link, you'll see dl=0, YOU NEED TO CHANGE THE 0 TO A 1!!
10. Click OK.
11. Navigate to the same place as your .hl file (for ease) and type updates.xml
12. Click Save.
13. Go back to dropbox and click Share on the updates.xml file. Get the link. Again, change the dl=0 at the end to dl=1
14. Go into HeroLab on whatever machine you want to download your files. Click View Updates
15. Click Add Source. Click New Source. Paste the link to the updates.xml into the text box and hit OK.
16. Restart HeroLab.
17. Let out a resounding yawp because you're done.

DM, exRealmWorker, Character Sheet Hacker, Gamer
Ambush is offline   #2 Reply With Quote