View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 13th, 2006, 09:00 PM
It seems you are using Confrontation terminology here and assuming that I know something about that game. I don't. So you'll need to describe this clearly in standard AB terminology for me to properly understand what you're asking. You talk about the "Unit" (capitalized) and "child unit", plus options that are assigned to one or both of them. But I can't make out what is supposed to do what.

Theoretically, the two lines of script code you have below should work, PROVIDED that everything else is configured correctly AND that the evaluation sequence is correct. All that code does is add a tag to the first child unit possessing the given unique id. If that's what you are trying to accomplish, then it should work fine. However, from your description, I'm not sure if that's what you're trying to accomplish.

So please explain clearly the objective and I'll try to help out. Please do NOT just tell me how you have things currently setup within AB. I also need to know how the GAME MECHANICS work that you are trying to implement. Only then will I be able to offer a solid suggestion of how to actually solve the problem.

Thanks, Rob

At 05:35 PM 6/13/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
Ok, should this work?
Code:
var x as number
x = child[unit:grthriL].assign[abili.infi]

Because I can't seem to get it to work. Basically, the Unit as a whole has 3 options to choose from, each giving the child unit a different set of options that are chosen for the entire Unit.

So, I set up a linkset for the three options, placed the above sample scripts in the three options and then added the linkset to the parent unit.

And it's not working.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote