View Single Post
boojumbunn

Old April 18th, 2018, 12:21 PM
Downtime and outages happen, and not just with the LoneWolf servers. I have gone to a bunch of conventions where the network was incredibly spotty. I like using both HeroLab and HeroLab Online during game sessions, I like being able to track my power usages and easily reset on a new day. I like being able to track damage by just entering in the numbers.... but that is HeroLab as a GameTool, a tool to be used while playing a game.

It would ALSO be nice to have a separate location (NOT on the HeroLab.online servers in case they are down) where our characters can be automatically saved in sheet format so that we can access character information when the main servers are down. We always need to be able to access our character information even if we can't update our character or change anything.

Yes, I know we can "print" our characters to pdf and save them... but that requires constant action on the part of all the players and GM's rather than something being done automatically by the tool and servers. Anything that has to be done manually and consistently tends to fail in the long run, which is why we like gaming tools in the first place.

Boojum
boojumbunn is offline   #1 Reply With Quote