Thread: Helper Macros
View Single Post
Tonedog1980

Old May 10th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Not sure if they really are macros, but can anyone explain the Helper stuff? I am working on a new file for the new High Elf Warhammer Book and having issues creating the High Elf version of barding.

Currently, Barding is an Option defined in the genericstuff.dat file. I was able to add a "HE style barding" but I was not able to get it to show up under the mount like normal barding does. I did everything just like normal barding, minus the Helper stuff, which I assume is what does this. However, when I looked in the warhammer.def file, I found the Helper "Group", and see the Barding and BardingOK "Helper Groups" but they don't have anything to them. I don't see anything that would suggest that it would cause the behavior we normally see with barding.

So, I guess my question is the barding something special or does it have to do with this Helper stuff? I guess I could just add the HE style barding where it is seen all the time and just make it non selectable unless a horse is selected. But, I would like to keep with the standard barding way of doing things.

Any help would be great. Thanks.
Tonedog1980 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote