View Single Post
EightBitz

Old March 10th, 2019, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
I know.
It's a shame.
LWD insist that the future (or present) is a world where everybody is permanently online. :-(
From my own, subjective perspective, I'm not a big fan of Hero Lab Online. However, from their perspective, I understand the move and I can't say they're wrong.

People, including me, have been saying "We want an Android version! We want an Android version! We want an Android version!"

iPad users have been saying, "We want an iPad version! We want an iPad version! We want an iPad version!"

Some people want it to run on Linux. Some people want it to run on Macs.

With as complex as product as Hero Lab has grown into, for a small team, it's difficult enough to support one product, including updates, and bug fixes, and quality assurance, etc, etc.

Hero Lab Online is LWD's answer to everyone wanting Hero Lab to run on every platform. There's ONE version to update and support for ALL platforms. So now, people can run Hero Lab on any platform. Any bug fixes only have to be applied to one source. Any quality assurance only has to be done with one source.

If you have a better idea for providing maximum platform compatibility with a central source code repository, I'm sure they'd be happy to hear your sales pitch.
EightBitz is offline   #262 Reply With Quote