View Single Post
solscar

Old October 19th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Hi
I have been struggling trying to make a PC psuedodragon, that starts at 1st level and progresses as a Pseudodgran till 5th, then able to take any other classs from 6th onwards.
the following is a breakdown i found on the net, that im happy with;

Tiny Dragon
+2 attack & AC, +8 hide, -4 on all the usual
Tiny creatures have a reach of 0 feet
Dragons use d12 for HD
Proficient with no armor.
Dragons eat, sleep, and breathe

Movement 15 ft
-4 str, +2 dex
immunity to sleep and paralysis
low-light vision

Skills: Appraise, Bluff, Diplomacy, Hide, Listen, Knowledge (Arcana), Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival

level BAB Fort Ref Will skills special

1 +1 +2 +2 +2 (6+i)x4 flight, telethapy, bite
2 - - - - - +2 con, nat ac +2, weapon finesse
3 +2 +3 +3 +3 6+int blindsense, chameleon, sting
4 - - - - - darkvision 60 ft, +2 dex, nat ac +4
5 - - - - - +2 wis, poison, spell resistance 19

Bite: this is a secondary natural attack that deals 1 point of damage.

Flight (Ex): The Psuedodragon begins fly speed of 20 ft and average maneuverability. This fly speed increases by ten feet per level, maxing out at 60 ft at 5th level. At 3rd level maneuverability improves to good.

Telepathy (Su): Pseudodragons can communicate telepathically with creatures that speak a shared language, provided they are within 20 feet. This range increaes by ten feet per level, maxing out at 60 ft at 5th level.

Ability bonus: The dragon gains the listed number as a bonus to the relavent ability.

Natural AC: The pseudodragon gains a natural ac bonus of 2 at 2nd level. This increases to 4 at 5th level.

Weapon Finesse: this is bonus feat gained at 2nd level.

Blindsense (Ex): A pseudodragon can locate creatures within 60 feet by nonvisual means (mostly hearing and scent, but also by noticing vibration and other environmental clues). Opponents the pseudodragon can’t actually see still have total concealment against the pseudodragon.

Chameleon (Ex): Pseudodragons gain a chameleonlike ability at 3rd level that grants them a +4 racial bonus on Hide checks. In forests or overgrown areas, this bonus improves to +8.

Sting: this is a primary natural attack made with the tail that deals 1d3 points of damage

Poison (Ex): In addition to dealing damage with its sting attack, at 5th level the Pseudodragon also delivers poison with it. Initial damage: sleep for 1 minute, secondary damage: sleep for 1d3 hours. Fort DC = 1/2 HD + Con. The Pseudodragon also receives a +2 racial bonus to this DC.

Spell Resistance (Su): At 5th level the Pseudodragon gains SR 19.

Ok so far i have created a new monster class, which seems to work for most things except the feats that kick in at later levels, they are all present at level 1.
Have i erred fromthe onset? should I have started with a new race and then a new PC class?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Happy to send anyone what i have at the moment.

Solscar
solscar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote